There have been plenty of rumors surrounding whether cannabis is a good tool for the symptoms of fibromyalgia. We already know that cannabis may help with pain management, as it’s been cited as helpful for those suffering from chronic pain by doctors. However, now it’s become official that medical cannabis is becoming a big part of the American culture, with 34 states across the US legalizing cannabis for medical use. A handful of states have chosen to legalize it entirely, and with the range of benefits, it makes sense.
Cannabis is a natural substance that may help with anything from preventing seizures to unwinding after a particularly hard day. With all of the research being done, it makes sense that cannabis has been marked as potentially effective for fibromyalgia.
All About Fibromyalgia
Did you know that fibromyalgia affects over 10 million people across the US? It’s a largely misunderstood condition, as it’s the description of a collection of symptoms. It affects women more than men, and it comes with a genetic component, so it’s not something that people can easily control. This also means that the symptoms are largely uncontrolled. Some of the symptoms of fibromyalgia include:
- Pain: The biggest symptom of fibromyalgia is pain – and that pain is usually everywhere. It’s not localized in the same way that headaches and throat pain is; fibromyalgia pain is an ache in the very bones of the body, and it’s deep enough that it’s hard to massage out.
- Fatigue: Fibromyalgia patients often deal with excessive exhaustion. The condition and pain exhaust the body, and many patients find it hard to move around easily. Equally, another symptom is sleeplessness. As tired as people living with fibromyalgia are, sleep is hard to come by!
- Headaches: As well as body aches and pains, headaches are a common symptom because of tension in the jaw.
- Anxiety & Depression: Another symptom that cannabis may help with is anxiety and depression as a result of fibromyalgia. It has to be depressing to be in constant pain, and cannabis may be able to help.
- Other Symptoms: Other than the main symptoms listed above, sufferers may have difficulty with dry eyes, lower abdominal pain, and bladder issues.
Treatment For Fibromyalgia
There is good news in that there are treatments for fibromyalgia, and while there isn’t a cure, there are ways to help – medication, self-care, and lifestyle changes are all important. Things like exercise and physical therapy can improve symptoms, and medication can help alleviate pain and enhance life quality. Antidepressants are a common medication for the treatment of fibromyalgia, and with the help of the best Vegas dispensary, cannabis may be able to add to that help. A lot of over-the-counter medications are cited as ineffective, so natural support from the best cannabis dispensary can make a difference.
If you are looking for a more natural way to alleviate fibromyalgia symptoms, then cannabis may be it.
How Cannabis May Help
There have been plenty of journals that have published studies about medical cannabis and its ability to improve fibromyalgia symptoms. The results have shown that there is substantial evidence that cannabis may treat chronic pain. As fibromyalgia is mostly identified by pain, cannabis may help. In addition to regulating the response to the problem, the endocannabinoid system in the body can influence metabolism and the stress response. If these are controlled, sleep and relaxation are affected. The cannabinoids can influence these processes, and as studies show that it may help with general well-being, those who took part in the survey reported feeling well. These feelings can help measure the quality of life of those dealing with fibromyalgia, and as studies have shown that people feel good after using it, it’s a good way to see that cannabis oil may be an effective treatment.
There is still more to be discovered about cannabis and how it can help with the general well being of those in chronic pain and dealing with pain conditions. If there is a glimmer of hope that shows that it may help, then it’s worth looking at Inyo Las Vegas, the best Vegas dispensary for more information on the best cannabis options available to you. As cannabis is quickly gaining legal status in the US, more studies will be done, and the effectiveness measured appropriately.
Inyo Las Vegas
While these studies happen, speak to those at the best Vegas dispensary around and get the advice that you need for your pain at Inyo’s Fine Cannabis Dispensary. Cannabis may help, and if you are dealing with fibromyalgia, it’s important to look into it! With our help and our cannabis delivery service, curbside pick-up, and in-store services, you will be able to get the cannabis advice you need! Contact us today at 702-707-8888 and let’s see how we can help.